Carter Jonas is looking for an enthusiastic urban designer to join the expanding Masterplanning team. Based near Bond Street station at our HQ office in London and working with colleagues in London, Cambridge, Oxford, Leeds and further afield, you will be working on a diverse range of projects for our strong client base, with great prospects for career development across our business. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your strong design skills in a commercially-informed environment, and learn about the production and management of the built environment from property and planning perspectives.We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave, 4% matched Pension Contribution and life assurance. We also offer flexible benefits which allow you to choose benefits that suit your lifestyle.
The London Masterplanning team shares a flexible open workspace with colleagues in other teams and divisions including Planning & Development Consultancy, Asset Management, Valuation, Viability & Delivery, Land Assembly and many others. This gives us a unique difference as a Masterplanning team - large enough to tackle the biggest national job, but small enough to know our neighbours and draw on their expertise. We work closely together to develop and deliver an increasingly specialised range of services based on our unique combined expertise and guided by our commitment to provide ‘simply better advice’: advice which, to be useful, needs to be understood and easily acted upon.
To assist the Head of Masterplanning & Urban Design and the wider design team and, at the discretion of the Partner in charge, to assume direct responsibility for carrying out the following:
- Professional masterplanning design services including drawing and written advice to clients on a variety of urban design matters;
- Negotiations with local authorities and other statutory undertakers on behalf of clients on planning applications and Masterplanning and other related matters;
- Preparation of consultation materials and attendance at public and stakeholder consultation events;
- Contribution towards the smooth running of the Masterplanning Consultancy, the Planning & Development Division and Carter Jonas;
Any other duties that may be required from time to time, and therefore experience is preferable in:
- Outline, full and reserved planning applications
- Development briefs
- Design codes
- Local/Neighborhood Plans
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional relevant duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will have studied a Masters in Urban Design or gained relevant postgraduate experience in the private sector and will have at least two years experience in Urban Design and/or Masterplanning skills. You will have excellent communicative drawing and design development skills by hand with strong attention to detail. You will have demonstrable experience in working to tight deadlines and a genuine interest in the built environment.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm