We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Lettings Negotiator to join our team of 8 professionals with a large portfolio of rental properties. Our talented and successful team on New Cavendish Street have been ably handling clients’ property needs in the Marylebone and surrounding area since 2007. Our agents are extremely knowledgeable about the local area and the property market in London as a whole.You will be responsible for letting multiple properties and meet targets set both individually and for the branch, register and manage a list of applicants ensuring they are regularly contacted and offered new properties. Produce lettings paperwork and ensure that the tenancies are compliant and let in accordance with our Residential letting SOPS. To network for new instructions and contribute in managing our existing Client base to obtain instructions. Assist in growing and developing the branch including Business Plan objectives; to be aware of and generate opportunities for other offices and departments.
- Register applicants on our software package (REAPIT)
- Maintain regular contact with your applicants and ensure they are offered suitable properties
- Set up viewings and accompany applicants on multiple viewings
- Source properties from other agents (where possible)
- Network, search for and develop new business opportunities
- Ensure the SOPs for Residential Lettings are adhered too
- Operate in accordance to current Legislation
- Provide information, advice and feedback to potential and existing landlords and tenants
- Carry out Market appraisals when required
- Complete the take-on process for successful appraisals
- Liaise with clients throughout the marketing and letting process providing regular feedback
- Follow up viewings and provide feedback to our Landlords
- Deal with and negotiate offers when received
- Produce lettings paperwork
- Ensure cleared funds, references completed, signed contracts and correct compliance are in place prior to move-in
- Professionally greet and deal with the general public in the office and assist with general enquiries
- Cover for other members of staff as required particularly during holiday periods
- Attend regular office meetings
We are seeking an experienced Lettings Negotiator with local knowledge of the Marylebone highly desirable. Experience of dealing with clients along with strong communication and customer service skills is essential. Previous experience of using the system Reapit will be an advantage.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.