We are recruiting an Associate or Associate Partner (depending on experience) to join our professional Infrastructure team in Birmingham to provide property services including temporary access, acquisition, CPO, compensation and valuation advice to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects including Rail, Road, Energy and Transport.
- Assist in the delivery of major Infrastructure projects for National Bodies and Corporate investors.
- Delivery of valuation reports in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
- Develop and undertake new business/relationship opportunities and drive forward initiatives in the local area
- Source sites for Infrastructure developments
- Undertake option and lease negotiations, valuations and general professional negotiations
- Feasibility and development appraisals
- Site brokerage and at all times ensuring that high quality standards of service level and professional behaviour are adhered to
- Negotiation of disturbance claims following works.
- Consents for access across third party land for works.
- Assist in the management and guidance of all activities undertaken in the area.
- Provide specialist advice in respect of statutory and sectorial process changes
- The negotiation and management of lease events and asset acquisition and disposals.
- Identification and optimisation of opportunities and the mitigation of risks and liabilities.
- Implementing new policies and procedures to increase productivity and efficiency
- Leading on opportunities through to acquisition, including detailed due diligence, the negotiation of transfer agreements, and project management of capital works where necessary
- Effective team working in light and heavy matrix scenarios moving between the client and Carter Jonas’s offices and teams.
- An active role in the continuous development of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Management of surveyors working across the team
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team through their professional development
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
In order to be considered for this role you must be RICS qualified with at least 5 years post qualified experience in a Rural or Infrastructure Surveying role. Current knowledge and awareness of the market is required, along with a background of rural practice ideally with demonstrable cross sector property experience. Experience of delivering and managing multiple projects and strong analytical & problem solving skills are a must. The chosen Associate or Associate Partner will have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation and a full driving licence.
Compulsory Purchase/Compensation experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.