We are looking to appoint an Apprentice Energy Surveyor to join our Infrastructure team in Leeds. This will be a varied and interesting role providing high quality training opportunities and delivering key support to the Infrastructures team engaged on a wide range of projects. The energy sector is undergoing a transition, from a fossil-fuel dominated centralised model to a decentralised, increasingly renewable system. Carter Jonas is at the heart of this energy transition, advising and assisting clients in the development, delivery, acquisition and sale of energy projects. You will be part of our team that delivers real change to people’s lives.
The Carter Jonas Energy team has grown to be one of the leading providers of advice and services to the property, development and land-based sectors. Covering the full range of energy technologies within industry, business and local authorities, including solar photovoltaic, wind, anaerobic digestion, peaking power, gas combined heat and power, battery storage and energy from waste, we also advise on projects in the conventional oil and gas sector.
Our clients include investors, energy project developers, local councils, landowners, agri-businesses and small and multinational commercial businesses. You will gain experience in specialised and sought-after skills including project feasibility, project development, land assembly and energy project valuation.
- Input into the screening of potential energy development sites.
- Assist in the completion and / or review of screening and feasibility studies reporting on site suitability.
- Assist in the drafting, negotiation and agreement of heads of terms, and option & lease agreements.
- Involvement in investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Identifying and delivering / referring / executing energy brokerage opportunities
- Preparation, submission, and management of grid connection applications, and liaison with Distribution
Network Operators and the National Grid to secure favourable grid connections.
You should show commitment and determination and be keen to learn. You should have good A level results; however we are more interested in your personality and ambition and your genuine interest in the subject.
We offer you:
We will offer a structured training programme, including full support and payment of your training costs, plus 25 days annual leave and a great working environment.
- Approachable – we treat every relationship with respect, integrity & warmth
- Effective – we do what we say we will, we do it well & we’re accountable
- Ambitious – we are ambitious for our clients and our firm