We are hiring graduates to join our Planning division in Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds and London. This is a varied and interesting graduate role providing support the Planning and Development team with planning applications and projects whilst working towards achieving MRTPI qualification through the APC Structured Training Scheme.
- Liaising and communicating with clients and managing and developing client relationships
- Fielding enquiries from prospective clients, reviewing and assessing their proposals and preparing fee proposals for them
- Providing professional planning advice to clients on a variety of planning matters
- Undertaking the necessary research to prepare site appraisals
- Briefing, liaising with and managing external consultants responsible for producing work to support clients’ planning applications and appeals
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of a variety of different types of planning application
- Negotiating with local authorities and consultees on behalf of clients in the preparation and management of planning applications, appeals and representations
- Preparing and conducting planning appeals via the written representations, informal hearing and public inquiry procedures
- Making representations on behalf of clients to Local Plan consultations and representing clients through the public examination process
- Managing own fee income by monitoring progress towards targets ensuring timely invoicing of work
You must have an RTPI recognised degree; you will also have experience within a Planning & Development team gained through work experience or placements. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence.
We offer you:
We offer a structured training programme, regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency and up to five days study leave. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee, your first APC final assessment and study leave, plus 25 days annual leave and a great working environment.
You will be asked to respond to a number of questions about your academic achievements and work experience and to write a covering letter. We also ask you about your motivations and interest in a career in property as well as any extracurricular activities.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.