GRADUATE INFRASTRUCTURE SURVEYOR - MINERALS AND WASTEWe are hiring graduate surveyors to join our Mineral & Waste Management Team within the firm’s Infrastructure group. This is a varied and interesting graduate role requiring project management skills with hands-on delivery to provide specialist property services including valuation, estate management and planning advice.The Minerals & Waste Management Team work throughout the UK providing services for businesses, landed estates and financial institutions relating to quarries, mines and waste infrastructure. The team also provides specialist, mineral and waste valuation and CPO advice to infrastructure and regeneration clients such as Highways England, Network Rail and HS2. We are working on some of the largest infrastructure projects across the UK.
- Assist in the delivery of major projects.
- Provide support in the day-to-day management of a significant portfolio of mineral and waste management property.
- Assist with the preparation of mineral leases and secure access and exploration rights.
- Support with the acquisition and disposal of mineral and waste management property.
- Identify mineral prospects and support promotion of opportunity for development.
- Assist with Land Registry searches & compilation of property data.
- Assist with planning investigations & the preparation of planning applications for mineral, waste management and ancillary developments.
- Assist with the valuation of mineral and waste properties.
- Client interaction.
- Project Management
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimizing IT and other resources.
It is preferred that you have a RICS accredited degree; but we would welcome applications from candidates with degrees in geography, environmental studies, geology, resource management or mining related subjects.
Ideally you will also have experience within a rural practice and/or commercial surveying practice or mineral and/or waste management business gained through work experience or placements. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer a structured training programme towards RICS qualification via the Land & Resources or Minerals and Waste Management APC pathways. This includes our in house CPO Academy unique to Carter Jonas, regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency and up to five days study leave. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee and your first APC final assessment. We also offer 25 days annual leave and a great working environment within vibrant and supportive teams.
Starting September 2020.
You will be asked to respond to a number of questions about your academic achievements and work experience and to write a covering letter. We also ask you about your motivations and interest in a career in property as well as any extracurricular activities.
Deadline for applications: midnight on 29th November.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.